From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Interim President Named at Midland Lutheran College

From News News <NEWS@ELCA.ORG>
Date Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:34:25 -0500

ELCA NEWS SERVICE

August 2, 2002

INTERIM PRESIDENT NAMED AT MIDLAND LUTHERAN COLLEGE
02-183-AW*/CT*

     CHICAGO (ELCA) -- As the search for a new president continues,
the Midland Lutheran College board of trustees named John
Klockentager interim president.  Midland Lutheran College, Fremont,
Neb., is one of 28 colleges and universities of the Evangelical
Lutheran Church in America.
     Klockentager, vice president for enrollment management, will
serve until a new president takes office.  Lloyd Brooks, chairman of
the presidential search committee, said the committee hopes to make a
recommendation for a new president to the board by late August.
     "The search is going well," said Brooks.  "We have conducted
off-site interviews with five candidates.  We will arrange on-site
interviews with candidates for the week of Aug. 12, when the members
of the campus community have returned for fall semester."
     "I am deeply honored to be entrusted with this office," said
Klockentager.  "I will do my best to maintain an open office and
handle whatever challenges arise.  I accepted the appointment because
I believe in this institution and recognize the need for continued
leadership during this transitional phase."
     The board also appointed Dr. Michael (Mick) Shadbolt, professor
of business, as interim academic dean.  He will conduct the day-to-
day business of the dean's office in addition to teaching a class and
advising students.
     Shadbolt will remain interim dean until the new president is in
place and appoints a new vice president for academic affairs and
academic dean.
-- -- --
*Amy Wineinger is a junior at Wartburg College, Waverly, Iowa.  This
summer she is an intern with ELCA News and Media Production.

*Cathy Tibbels is the director of public relations for Midland
Lutheran College.

For information contact: