From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Texan joining Foundation as development VP

From PCUSA NEWS <PCUSA.NEWS@ecunet.org>
Date 19 Aug 2002 15:19:40 -0400

Note #7389 from PCUSA NEWS to PRESBYNEWS:

19-August-2002
02304

Texan joining Foundation as development VP

by Evan Silverstein

LOUISVILLE - The Presbyterian Church (USA) Foundation has announced the appointment of Mark Klemm as senior vice president for development.

Klemm, a lifelong Presbyterian who has been director of corporate relations for Rice University in Houston, will join the Foundation staff on Sept. 2.

"My family and I are very excited at the opportunity to help further the cause of philanthropy in the church," Klemm said. "We are looking forward to being a part of such a premier organization."

With more than 10 years' experience in the development field, Klemm has served such institutions as the Texas A&M Foundation, the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, and the American Heart Association.

In his new post, Klemm will lead a staff of 33 development field officers and six corporate personnel at Foundation headquarters in Jeffersonville, IN.

"We're excited to have Mark lead our development staff," said Bob Leech, the Foundation's president and CEO. "His knowledge of planned giving and understanding of the Presbyterian denomination are a unique combination which will permit him to immediately contribute to the important Christian service our development staff is providing to the church."

Klemm also has served as a member of the U.S. Olympic Festival Hospitality Committee and as chairman of the board of the central Texas chapter of the March of Dimes.

His wife, Becky, has roots in the church dating to 1837, when her great-great-great-grandfather, the Rev. Hugh Wilson, founded the first Presbyterian church in Texas. The Klemms will relocate to the Louisville area with their children, Kelley, 13, Mason, 5, Allison, 3, and Annabel, 8 months.