From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: ABW Ministries Launches Web Site

From "SCHRAMM, Richard" <Richard.Schramm@abc-usa.org>
Date Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:54:33 -0400

American Baptist News Service (9/6/02)--American Baptist Women's Ministries
has launched the remainder of its new Web site--www.abwministries.org, it
was announced today by Executive Director Virginia Holmstrom.  The Web site
serves as a primary resource for ministries with women and girls in American
Baptist congregations.

The comprehensive site features introductions to ministries with American
Baptist women and girls; resources that can be viewed and downloaded; photo
scrapbooks; and links to mission resources.  Also available on the site is
"Leader's Reader," a bimonthly informational newsletter for all ABW
Ministries leaders.  The Web site introduces American Baptist Women's
Ministries' new publication, Vital Woman Magazine, and includes sample
articles and guidelines for article submissions.  A community forum also is
available, allowing users to network and share resource ideas, information
about upcoming events, and prayer requests through a variety of message
board topics.  An online store, which had been launched last spring,
features resources and products available from ABW Ministries for ministries
with women and girls.  Updated information and resources will be added to
the site on a frequent basis.

"One of our organization's goals is to develop contemporary and relevant
resources for ministries with women and girls," said Holmstrom.  "Through
Internet technology we can provide immediate information and resources to
individuals and congregations, with the ability to reach a much broader base
of women in our churches and beyond.  I am pleased to add the Web site to
our expanding collection of relevant resources," she said.  "We already are
exploring the next steps to add audio files and real-time chat sessions to
the Web site."

The Web site is also accessible from the American Baptist Churches USA Web
site--www.abc-usa.org.

02ABN131

American Baptist News Service: Office of Communication, American Baptist
Churches USA, P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851; (610)768-2077; fax:
(610)768-2320; www.abc-usa.org; richard.schramm@abc-usa.org