From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Statment of NCC India on Office of Idare-e Amin-o-Insaf attack

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:16:54 -0700

Dear Colleagues,

It is with great horror and pain that  we received the news about the attack
of the gunmen on the Office of Idare-e Amin-o-Insaf  which is the
counterpart of Urban Rural Mission, and the merciless killing of seven
Christians belonging to the organization.

We share the sorrow and agony of the Church in Pakistan and the people who
lost their dear ones. Adare-e Amin-o-Insaf  is an organization of peace and
justice. It is obvious the attack was certainly against  initiatives of
peace and justice and the humble attempts to bring about welfare and harmony
in society.

This  inhuman act indicates that  persecution of minorities continues in
Pakistan. We request the Pakistan Government to be more sensitive to the
safety of the lives of the Christians and to do all that is necessary to
protect them.

The NCC in India family and the churches in India affirm our solidarity with
the Church of Pakistan and the NCC of Pakistan in this hour of testing and
crisis. Today at 12:00 noon we will be praying for you as a community.

With deep condolence.

On behalf of the National Council of Churches in India

Ipe Joseph (Rev. Dr.)
General Secretary

News letter : N C C India