From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

NCC India expresses complete solidarity with our Muslim brothers and

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 13:40:46 -0700

sisters

New Delhi Office :
National Council of Churches in India
2744, Ranjit Nagar
Opp. South Patel Road
New Delhi 110 008
<news@nccindia.org>

PRESS RELEASE

The National Council of Churches in India (NCCI) is deeply shocked at the
violence which took place in Sholapur over the insult made by Rev. Jerry
Falwell, an independent and freelance

We stand in complete solidarity with our Muslim brothers and sisters,
declaring mutual respect between these religions. We call upon the
Christians and Muslims in Sholapur and all other cities of India, to keep
calm and make conscious efforts to heal each other's wounds. We also
strongly ask Rev. Jerry Falwell and others not to make any such
un-Christian remarks in future.

H.G. Geevarghese Mar Coorilos

President

National Council of Churches in India