From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

LCMS - Lutherans for Life offers housing for March 2002 for

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:40:57 -0800

The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Board for Communication Services

LCMSNews -- No. 75 - December 10, 2002

Lutherans for Life offers Washington housing for March 2002 for Life

Free lodging is available for Lutherans who want to take part in the
national March for Life Jan. 22 in Washington, D.C.  The march is held
annually to protest the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision that legalized
abortion.

Dennis Di Mauro, who leads a Lutherans For Life (LFL) chapter in northern
Virginia and has organized LFL's trek to Washington for the past six years,
says he can find families willing to share their homes with out-of-town
marchers.  Free lodging will be available for the nights of Jan. 21 and 22,
and guests are encouraged to take part in march activities with the LFL
delegation.

Those marching with LFL are invited to attend a 9 a.m. worship service Jan.
22 at Our Savior Lutheran Church in Arlington, Va.  Afterward, the group
will take the Metro, Washington's light-rail system, into the city for the
rally and march, which begin at noon.  After the march, at 4 p.m., the
group will gather for pizza.

Taking part in the day's activities will be Dr. James I. Lamb, executive
director of LFL.  Lamb noted that Jan. 22, 2003, will mark the 30th
anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision that "legalized
abortion in all nine months of pregnancy for no reason or for any reason."

Since then, Lamb said, "more than 42 million preborn children -- God's
gifts of life -- have been brutally destroyed." When the church is silent
about abortion, it gives the wrongful impression that abortion "is an
acceptable practice in the eyes of God," Lamb said, and he urged Lutherans
to "speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves" (Prov. 31:8-9).

The March for Life, he said, is "another way to speak."

"It is gathering in our nation's capital in a show of numbers, letting our
leaders know that there is widespread opposition in this country to
abortion on demand," Lamb said.

"It is also a time for pro-lifers to be re-energized and inspired by the
tremendous number of people who come to speak together on this crucial
issue of our day."

For more information about marching with LFL, or to request a host family,
contact Dennis Di Mauro at (703) 600-5150 or dennisdimauro@lycos.com.

LCMSNews is published by the News and Information Division, Board for
Communication Services, of The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod.  Please
note that subscribers to LCMSNews will not be able to reach anyone by
hitting the "Reply" button when viewing an LCMSNews release. Such replies
will be deleted. However, if you have questions or comments about this
LCMSNews release, contact Joe Isenhower Jr. via e-mail at
joe.isenhower@lcms.org, or by phone at (314) 996-1231.

To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your e-mail address for LCMSNews,
go to the following Web
address:  http://lists.lcms.org/mailman/listinfo/lcmsnews.