From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Resources for Web ministers

From "NewsDesk" <NewsDesk@UMCOM.ORG>
Date Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:10:56 -0600

Feb. 3, 2003  News media contact: Laura Latham7(615)742-54707Nashville, Tenn.
  10-71B{053}

NOTE: This is a sidebar to UMNS story #050.

By United Methodist News Service

Many resources are available for churches interested in building their own
Web sites:

7	"CyberFaith: How Americans Pursue Religion Online," Pew Internet and
American Life (http://www.pewinternet.org/reports/toc.asp?Report=53). This
report takes an in-depth look at faith online.

7	eMinistry, Andrew Careaga. This book looks at how technology can be
used to reach the 'Net Generation' - people ages 16 to 25.

7	http://gbgm-umc.org/churches/. The United Methodist Board of Global
Ministries provides Web site hosting to churches, conferences and
church-related initiatives.

7	www.ginghamsburg.org. Ginghamsburg United Methodist Church in Tipp
City, Ohio, has built online communities on its Web site that are geared
toward local church ministries. The communities include active message boards
for Web ministers.

7	www.umc.org/webministry. Maintained by United Methodist
Communications, the site includes an archived audio stream of a panel on
church Web ministry titled, "We Built our Church Web Site: Now What?" Local
churches can get help building or polishing a Web site by e-mailing
webresource@umcom.org.

7	Don't Make Me Think, Steve Krug. This practical book is a simple read
that explains how to create a fresh, easy-to-use Web site.

7	http://www.e-zekiel.com. E-zekiel provides Web hosting and templates
for easy creation of dynamic-looking Web sites.
# # #

United Methodist News Service
Photos and stories also available at:
http://umns.umc.org