From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: Lundy to Join International Ministries Staff

From "SCHRAMM, Richard" <Richard.Schramm@abc-usa.org>
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:15:43 -0500

American Baptist News Service (Valley Forge, Pa. 2/27/03)--Eleanor Lundy,
former associate director of communications for American Baptist Educational
Ministries, has been named managing editor for American Baptist
International Ministries, effective March 1, 2003.

In announcing the appointment, International Ministries Executive Director
the Rev. Dr. John A. Sundquist, said the position of managing editor for
International Ministries "defines how we communicate our mission story to
the fundamental unit of our American Baptist life--the local church.  God is
indeed doing wonderful things through International Ministries and that
story needs to be communicated in ways that the local church sees the vital
role they play in the global mission of International Ministries."

"We are very pleased to have Eleanor join our staff," he said.	"Her past
denominational experience combined with her obvious love and commitment to
the local church makes her the perfect person for this role.  God has led us
to a person whose heart is in touch with the local church and their vision
for global missions."

Lundy served from 1994 to 2001 successively as associate director of
interpretation, associate director of communications and acting director of
communications for Educational Ministries.  In those positions she developed
resources for communicating and promoting the mission and programs of
Educational Ministries, including the Partners in Education (PIE) program, a
volunteer advocacy/information network.

Prior to that she worked as a reporter and correspondent for Montgomery
Newspapers in Pennsylvania.

K/2003ABNS/03ABN33

American Baptist News Service: Office of Communication, American Baptist
Churches USA, P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851; (800)ABC-3USA x2077
/ (610)768-2077; fax: (610)768-2320; www.abc-usa.org;
richard.schramm@abc-usa.org