From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ACNS3387 Archbishop of Cape Town visits flooded areas

From "Anglican Communion News Service" <acnslist@anglicancommunion.org>
Date Sat, 5 Apr 2003 13:27:29 +0100

ACNS 3387     |     SOUTH AFRICA     |	   4 APRIL 2003

Archbishop of Cape Town visits flooded areas

[Tulleken & Associates] Anglican Archbishop, Njongonkulu Ndungane, has added
his voice to the Western Cape Premier's call for the flood stricken region of
the South-western Cape to be declared a disaster area.

"Having visited the area this morning and paid a courtesy call to the
Anglican archdeacon, I am particularly concerned about the plight of the poor
and have asked HOPE AFRICA, our diocesan development organisation, to assess
the situation and to indicate a proper response by the church.

"My heart goes out to the people, who are in my prayers, and I agree with
Premier Martinus van Schalkwyk that government assistance is urgently
needed."

For details about the Enthronement of the 104th Archbishop of Canterbury,
the Most Revd Rowan D Williams, visit http://www.anglicancommunion.org/

ACNSlist, the email edition of Anglican Communion News Service, is
published by the Anglican Communion Office, London. QUESTIONS or COMMENTS
may be sent to: acnslist@anglicancommunion.org

You may subscribe to acnslist or unsubscribe at: