From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Toshimasa Yamamoto New General Secretary National Christian

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:24:28 -0700

National Christian Council in Japan
Postal address; 2-3-18-24 Nishi Waseda Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 169-0051
Phone # +81-3-3203-0372
fax#+81-3-304-9495
email;<tynccj@aol.com>

April 3, 2003

Dear Friends in Christ:

Greetings from Tokyo!

This is to inform you that from   April 1, 2003 we now have a new  General
Secretary  at the National Christian Council in Japan.

Rev. Kenichi Otsu resigned from his position as  the NCCJ General Secretary
on March 31, 2003 after serving for nine years. We deeply appreciate Rev.
Otsu's many years of service.  He will continue to be at The Japan Christian
Center building and serve  as the Director of Christian Academy of Tokyo Area
office.

We are happy to inform you that Rev. Toshimasa Yamamoto was elected as the
new NCC-J General Secretary on March 10 at its 35th General Assembly held at
Tokyo Lutheran Church and has already started in his new postion on April 1,
2003.  Many of you are already familiar with Rev. Yamamoto as he has been
serving at NCCJ as the Executive Secretary for International Relations for
the past 10 years. We look forward to continuing to work together.

  Taking this opportunity, we would like to express our gratitude, on behalf
of the NCCJ, for your cooperation and continuous support for our ecumenical
ministry.
We also look forward to your continued encouragement and prayers for our
future ecumenical journey as well.

Peace and Grace,

Reiko Suzuki
Moderator