From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ACNS3411 Statement from the Provincial Standing Committee of

From "Anglican Communion News Service" <acnslist@anglicancommunion.org>
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 01:09:33 +0100

ACNS 3411     |     SOUTH EAST ASIA	|     14 APRIL 2003

Statement from the Provincial Standing Committee of the Province of the
Anglican Church in South East Asia

The Standing Committee of the Province of the Anglican Church in South East
Asia, meeting in Singapore on 19-21 March 2003:

- is deeply saddened by the outbreak of hostilities in Iraq, recognising
that war causes indiscriminate and untold suffering to many

- prays to the Lord that the international community, even at this stage,
will seek a just and lasting solution to the conflict in Iraq and calls on
our members to continue to pray for enduring peace with justice and equity
both in Iraq and the Middle East, as well as other troubled spots in the
world

- recognises and identifies with deep concern, anxiety and fear what the
current situation has produced about the future of our world in general

- seeks to comfort our members and to encourage them to hold fast to God's
promised peace and presence in all situations, as revealed to us in His word

- commends our members to respond in real and practical ways and in
Christian love towards humanitarian relief and rehabilitation in post-war
Iraq

- reminds our members of the certain hope that we have in Christ Jesus and
that God's holy and loving will shall ultimately reign supreme, to lead
lives consistent with this hope and to share the reasons for this assurance
with those around us