From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[PCUSANEWS] Vice-Moderator Ann Beran Jones seriously injured in

From PCUSA NEWS <PCUSA.NEWS@ecunet.org>
Date 24 May 2003 21:44:57 -0400

Note #7697 from PCUSA NEWS to PRESBYNEWS:

Vice-Moderator Ann Beran Jones seriously injured in fall
GA03002

Vice-Moderator Ann Beran Jones seriously injured in fall

Hospitalized in Chicago with fractured arm

by Jerry L. Van Marter

DENVER, May 23  Ann Beran Jones, vice-moderator of the 214th General
Assembly (2002) has been hospitalized in suburban Chicago with a severely
broken right arm.

	Jones will have surgery over the weekend to install an eight-inch
plate along her shattered humerus (upper arm) bone. According to her husband,
David, she will be in the hospital for a number of days, then face several
months of recovery and rehabilitation.

	David Jones said his wife was injured on May 22 in a fall at her
daughters house in Downers Grove, IL.

	We were going to fly to Denver today for the Assembly, he said.
Now, needless to say, were very disappointed that we wont be there.

	Messages to Ann Beran Jones can be sent to Good Samaritan Hospital,
3815 Highland Ave., Downers Grove, IL 60515.

*** For instructions on using this system (including how to UNJOIN this
meeting), send e-mail to mailrequests@ecunet.org