From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

GOAA - E-Bulletin August 1, 2003

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:49:17 -0700

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021
Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215
Web: http://www.goarch.org
Email: communications@goarch.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin

August 1, 2003

This is the summer bi-weekly edition of the GOA E-Bulletin, a service
providing you with links to important Archdiocesan and Orthodox news,
information, and resources on the Internet.

Just click on the links below to go to the topics of interest to you.

NATIONAL ORTHODOX RADIO PROGRAM: Come Receive The Light (CRTL) for the week
of 08/02/03 will be a spiritually uplifting program on The Miraculous
Weeping Icon, of Our Lady of Cicero. Fr. Nicholas Dahdal, the Pastor of
Saint George Antiochian Orthodox Church in Cicero, IL will tell us of his
encounter with the Miraculous Icon that brings ten of thousands to pray and
to ask for a blessing from the tears of the Miraculous Weeping Icon. The
"Terry Mattingly On Religion" segment this week will be on Plagiarism in
the Pulpit. For more information visit our web site at

http://www.receive.org

TRANSFIGURATION LISTEN, LEARN, AND SHARE:  This focus on the Feast of
Transfiguration of our Lord Jesus Christ includes a brief overview of the
Feast, the Icon of the Transfiguration, as well as hymns and a link to
Iconograms is now on the home page of the GOA web site.  Go to the upper
right corner at

http://www.goarch.org

RELIGIOUS  EDUCATION  SUMMER  INSTITUTE:   This  Tri-level summer institute
hosted by the Dept. of Religious Education, the National Forum of Church
Musicians, and Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology   will   be
held  August  7-10  at	Holy  Cross.   For  program, registration, and
information:

http://www.religioused.goarch.org

YOUTH DEPT PLANNER NOW AVAILABLE:  The 2003-04 Planner, "Run the Race:
Athletes for Christ", is now available.  Download an order form from the
Archdiocese home page

http://www.goarch.org

LATEST ILLUMINATIONS ON?LINE:  For the latest edition of ILLUMINATIONS, the
quarterly video news magazine of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America,
watch on-line at

http://www.goarch.org/en/news/illuminations/