From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ACNS3536 Presiding Bishop's statement regarding the

From "Anglican Communion News Service" <acnslist@anglicancommunion.org>
Date Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:29:46 +0100

ACNS 3536     |     USA     |	  4 AUGUST 2003

Presiding Bishop's statement regarding the Bishop-elect of New Hampshire

[ACNS source: Episcopal Church, USA] Questions have been raised and
brought to my attention regarding the Bishop-elect of the Diocese of New
Hampshire. The Standing Committee and Bishop of New Hampshire, together
with the Bishop-elect, Canon Robinson, have asked that a thorough
investigation be undertaken before we proceed with seeking the consent
of the Bishops with jurisdiction. The investigation will be overseen by
the Bishop of Western Massachusetts, the Rt Revd Gordon P Scruton. I
will advise the Bishops with jurisdiction as to when we might proceed.

The Most Revd Frank T Griswold
Presiding Bishop and Primate
Episcopal Church , USA