From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ACNS3552 Secretary General's response to the tragic death of

From "Anglican Communion News Service" <acnslist@anglicancommunion.org>
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:02:25 +0100

ACNS 3552     |     ACO     |	  14 AUGUST 2003

Secretary General's response to the tragic death of Melanesian brothers

The tragic news of the death of the six Melanesian Brothers has brought
shock and grave concern to the people in the Anglican Communion. These
brave religious men will certainly be remembered as true martyrs for the
cause of Christ. We extend our sympathy to the Brotherhood and to the
Church in Melanesia. This senseless killing must be condemned. Might all
of us recommit ourselves to working for peace as the Brothers did with
such distinction and purpose.

May the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in
peace.

John L. Peterson