From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Archbishop to convene primates meeting

From "Mika Larson" <mini_mika@earthlink.net>
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:13:03 -0400

8/8/2003

Archbishop to convene primates meeting

Anglican Communion News Service
LAMBETH PALACE

[ENS] The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, is to convene an
extraordinary meeting of the Primates of the Anglican Communion this
autumn. The meeting will take place in London in mid-October and it is
expected that invitations will be sent out in the next week.

Dr Williams said that the effects of recent developments at the ECUSA
General Convention were being felt throughout the Communion and there
was a need for the Primates to meet to consider them.

"I am clear that the anxieties caused by recent developments have
reached the point where we will need to sit down and discuss their
consequences. I hope that in our deliberations we will find that there
are ways forward in this situation which can preserve our respect for
one another and for the bonds that unite us.

"I hope we can use the time between now and then to reflect, to pray, to
consult and to take counsel."