From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ACNS3617 Text of "Call to Action" issued by the American

From "Anglican Communion News Service" <acnslist@anglicancommunion.org>
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:37:32 +0100

ACNS 3617     |     USA     |	  10 OCTOBER 2003

Text of "Call to Action" issued by the American Anglican Council's "A Place
to Stand" Conference in Texas

[ACNS source: American Anglican Council]

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

As Anglican Christians committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, under the
authority of Holy Scripture, and members of God's one, holy, catholic, and
apostolic Church:

1 We proclaim our Lord's Great Commandment and His Great Commission to be
our life's highest calling.

2 We repudiate the 74th General Convention's confirmation of a non-celibate
homosexual to be a bishop of the Church, and its acceptance of same-sex
blessings as part of our common life. These actions have broken fellowship
with the larger body of Christ and have brought the Episcopal Church under
God's judgment.

3 We repent of our part in the sins of the Episcopal Church, and we pray for
all those who are being hurt and led astray by these actions.

4 We call the leadership of the Episcopal Church to repent of and reverse
the unbiblical and schismatic actions of the General Convention.

5 We declare our commitment to the Lord's life-giving teaching about
sexuality and marriage embraced by Christians throughout all ages, and as
affirmed by the 1998 Lambeth Conference. We celebrate God's unconditional
love for all people, and we proclaim God's transforming power for everyone
seeking sexual purity and wholeness.

6 We redirect our financial resources, to the fullest extent possible,
toward biblically orthodox mission and ministry, and away from those
structures that support the unrighteous actions of the General Convention.
We will support our partners in the Anglican Communion.

7 We appeal to the Primates of the Anglican Communion to intervene in the
Episcopal Church to:

1 Discipline those bishops in the Episcopal Church who, by their actions,
have departed from biblical faith and order;

2 Guide the realignment of Anglicanism in North America;

3 Encourage orthodox bishops as they extend episcopal oversight, pastoral
care, and apostolic mission across current diocesan boundaries; and

4 Support isolated and beleaguered parishes and individuals in their life
and witness as faithful Anglican Christians.

To the glory of God. Amen.