From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ACNS3654 Church in Wales to welcome members of the Compass Rose

From "Anglican Communion News Service" <acnslist@anglicancommunion.org>
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:14:06 -0000

ACNS 3654     |     WALES     |     29 OCTOBER 2003

Church in Wales to welcome members of the Compass Rose Society

[ACNS source: Church in Wales] The next three days will see members of
the Anglican Communion's Compass Rose Society visiting Wales. The
Compass Rose Society, which takes its name from the symbol of the
Anglican Communion, was formally established in 1997 so that
individuals, parishes, dioceses, provinces, and organizations throughout
the world could help provide the much-needed financial support for the
work of the Anglican Communion.

The 50-strong party made up of participants from many parts of the
world, will be arriving in Wales this morning (Thursday 30th October)
and will be staying here until Sunday 2nd November, when the party will
be going on to Scotland. Their itinerary will include a visit to the
National Assembly for Wales, the Lightship in Cardiff Bay and Tower
Colliery as well as social responsibility projects based in the dioceses
of Llandaff, Swansea and Brecon and St Davids.

On Friday evening, the party will enjoy an introduction to the culinary
and cultural traditions of Wales with a dinner at the National Museum
and Galleries of Wales at which renowned poet, Gwyneth Lewis, will be
reading her work and world-class harpist, Llio Rhydderch, will be giving
a short recital on the Welsh triple harp.

Commenting today, the Most Revd Dr Barry Morgan, Archbishop of Wales
said, "I am delighted to be welcoming members of the Anglican
Communion's Compass Rose Society to Wales for the first time. We have
arranged a packed itinerary for them during the next few days which
will, I hope, provide the participants with an insight into Wales, past
and present."