From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Presiding Bishop's 2003 Christmas Message

From dmack@episcopalchurch.org
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:49:38 -0500

11/17/2003

Welcome the morning star...
Presiding Bishop's 2003 Christmas Message

by Frank T. Griswold

031117-2

[Episcopal News Service] The piercing wail of a newborn child shatters the
silence of the night, and the peace of God which passes all understanding is
unleashed upon a broken world. May that same peace be born in us and show
forth in our lives, giving hope to those without hope and overcoming the
hostilities that divide us one from another.  Let us rejoice and welcome
Christ, who is the morning star rising in our hearts and giving to the world
the light of his deathless and all embracing love.