From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ACNS3691 Primate of South East Asia re-elected

From "Anglican Communion News Service" <acnslist@anglicancommunion.org>
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:27:05 -0000

ACNS 3691     |     SOUTH EAST ASIA	|     26 NOVEMBER 2003

Primate of South East Asia re-elected

[ACNS source: Province of the Anglican Church in South East Asia] The
Extra-Ordinary Meeting of the Province of the Anglican Church in South
East Asia was held in Kudat, Sabah, from 18-21 November to elect the
next Primate for the Province.

A Retreat prior to the election was conducted by Bishop Paul Barnett, a
retired Bishop of North Sydney. A special session for the delegates to
discuss the need of the Province was scheduled at 9:00pm on 19 November
immediately after the Retreat.

The Most Revd Datuk Yong Ping Chung, the Bishop of Sabah and the present
Primate of the Province, was re-elected to serve until his retirement on
20 February 2006.

We praise and thank God for this successful Extra-Ordinary Provincial
Synod Meeting. Please continue to pray for our Primate and the work and
ministry he has to undertake as the Senior Leader of our Province.

The Most Revd Datuk Yong Ping Chung
Primate
Province of the Anglican Church in South East Asia