From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Disciples News Brief November 26, 2003

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:30:05 -0800

Disciples News Brief November 26, 2003
Disciples News Service
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Amy Shockley
317-713-2495
ashockley@cm.disciples.org
www.disciples.org

NEBRASKA PASTORS TO BENEFIT FROM $1.3 MILLION GRANT TO 'SUSTAIN PASTORAL
EXCELLENCE'
(Lincoln, Neb.) - The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Nebraska
and the Nebraska Conference of the United Church of Christ have been
selected to receive a Lilly Endowment grant of over $1.3 million dollars.
The grant is offered as part of the Endowment's commitment to "Sustaining
Pastoral Excellence," and will fund a five-year project.

"This grant is a rare opportunity for our churches and leaders. We have
dared to imagine a new way of working in partnership and empowering
churches and leaders for excellent ministry," said the Rev. Ken Moore,
Regional Minister, Nebraska. "We rejoice in the commitment Lilly has made
to us." For the complete story, go to:
http://www.disciples.org/dns/Releases2003/0347.htm

IT'S OUR MISSION!
NBA LAUNCHES INITIATIVE TO REACH MORE DISCIPLES
(St. Louis) - The National Benevolent Association announced yesterday the
launch of a plan designed to increase the level and effectiveness of its
communication with members of local Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
churches. To learn more from NBA, go to:
http://www.nbacares.org/News/ChurchInitiative.htm

To read a message from David C. Mindel, Chair, NBA Board of Trustees, as a
follow-up to the "It's Our Mission" initiative, please go to:
http://www.disciples.org/dns/Releases2003/0348.htm

CHRISTMAS OFFERING MATERIALS AVAILABLE
This year's Christmas Offering will be received on Dec. 14 and 21, 2003.
The offering will go to support Regional ministries. To learn more about
the offering from Morris Finch, Regional Minister in Michigan, go to
http://www.disciples.org/dns/Releases2003/0346.htm

Offering materials have been mailed. If you need additional supplies or
have questions, please contact the Church Finance Council at
customerservice@cfc.disciples.org. Electronic copies of the materials,
including an online sermon and links to Regional websites, are available
through the Church Finance Council at:
http://www.churchfinancecouncil.org/pages/dmf/christmas03/index.htm

NBA OPENS NEW SENIOR HOUSING
You are invited to the Open House for NBA New Salem Place, East St. Louis,
Illinois on Sunday, December 7, from 2 to 4 p.m. The facility is located at
1235 St. Louis Avenue, East St. Louis, IL 62201. For more information, see
the short article on NBA's home page at: http://www.nbacares.org

*The Disciples News Brief is distributed weekly by Communication
Ministries. For changes, additions or deletions to our distribution list,
please contact news@cm.disciples.org.

wfn