From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ELCA Publisher's Books and Authors Honored with Theologos Awards

From NEWS@ELCA.ORG
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:08:14 -0600

ELCA NEWS SERVICE

November 26, 2003

ELCA Publisher's Books and Authors Honored with Theologos Awards
03-221-DE*/JB

     CHICAGO (ELCA) -- Augsburg Fortress, the publishing house of
the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), Minneapolis,
announced that two of its authors were honored with 2003
"Theologos Awards" from the Association of Theological
Booksellers.  They are the Very Rev. N. T. Wright, whose book,
"The Resurrection of the Son of God," was named Book of the Year
and Best Academic Book, and author Mark Francisco-Bozzuti and
illustrator Jui Ishida, for "God Created," named Best Children's
Book.
     In addition, the association named Augsburg Fortress
Publisher of the Year.
     "We are delighted that our authors and our publishing
program have garnered such recognition," said Beth A. Lewis,
president and chief executive officer, Augsburg Fortress. "These
acknowledgements reflect our continuing mission to publish
materials of the utmost quality to enhance the faith, life, and
well-being of the public we serve -- the institutions and people
of the Lutheran Church and beyond."
     The fourth annual Theologos Awards were announced Nov. 21 in
Atlanta at the annual meeting of the American Academy of
Religion/Society of Biblical Literature (AAR/SBL). The Theologos
Awards represent the unique professional evaluations of people
who sell academic religious books, according to a Nov. 25
Augsburg Fortress news release.
     There are five categories of awards: Best General Interest
Book, Best Academic Book, Best Children's Book, Book of the Year
and Publisher of the Year. Only the bookseller members of the
association are eligible to vote. The Association of Theological
Booksellers is a collaborative organization of diverse
theological bookstores and publishers working together to enhance
the quality and ensure the future of theological bookselling, the
news release said.
     Wright, recently consecrated Bishop of Durham in England and
widely acclaimed New Testament scholar, delivered the keynote
address Nov. 24 at the Lutheran Professors' Breakfast held in
conjunction with AAR/SBL. "The Resurrection of the Son of God,"
is the third volume in Wright's much-noted series, Christian
Origins and the Question of God, published by Fortress Press, an
imprint of Augsburg Fortress.
     Francisco-Bozzuti's "God Created," published by Augsburg
Books, another Augsburg Fortress imprint, is a "lively and
spirited expansion of the biblical creation account, brilliantly
captured in Ishida's vibrant illustrations," the release said.
-- -- --
Information about Augsburg Fortress can be found at
http://www.augsburgfortress.org on the Web.

*Deborah Erickson is marketing communications director for
Augsburg Fortress.

For information contact:
http://www.elca.org/news