From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[PCUSANEWS] Peacemaking Conference expands to embrace justice

From PCUSA NEWS <PCUSA.NEWS@ecunet.org>
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:27:13 -0600

Note #8076 from PCUSA NEWS to PRESBYNEWS:

Peacemaking Conference expands to embrace justice concerns
04028
January 16, 2004

Peacemaking Conference expands to embrace justice concerns

Hunger, environment, economic justice added to slate

by Jerry L. Van Marter

LOUISVILLE - Alleviation of hunger, environmental concerns and economic
justice issues will be added to the mix of issues to be explored at this
year's erstwhile Presbyterian Peacemaking Conference

	The 2004 Presbyterian Peace and Justice Conference will take place
Aug. 3-7 on the campus of Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, WA.

	The intergenerational conference is co-sponsored by the Presbyterian
Peacemaking Program, the Presbyterian Hunger Program, the Environmental
Justice Program and the Self-Development of People Program.

	Questions posed in advance publicity for the conference include:

* What are our roles as Christ's disciples in a time of global poverty,
environmental degradation, and warfare?

* Are there enough resources to fill every person's basic needs on a thriving
earth?

* Is it possible to seek justice and peace for all people in our global
economy?

* How does our faith impact our choices as consumers and residents of this
earth?

Stated goals of the conference are to help "inform and inspire reverence for
God's sacred creation, passion for environmental and economic justice,
commitment to sustainable communities and lifestyles and peacemaking in human
communities and throughout God's world."

	For more information and registration materials, call 888-728-7228,
ext. 5785, or visit the Web site
www.pcusa.org/peacemaking/conferences/2004.htm.