From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Disciples News Brief - Special Edition January 20, 2004

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:18:21 -0800

Disciples News Brief - Special Edition January 20, 2004
Disciples News Service
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Amy Shockley
317-713-2495
ashockley@cm.disciples.org
www.disciples.org

Disciples News Brief - Special Edition
January 20, 2004

Synergy surrounds Disciples youth ministry strategy
"We came together to work for God, and God truly blessed our endeavors,"
said JoHannah Hamilton, from Burleson, Texas, and moderator for the General
Youth Council.

"I've never seen such synergy in one place. It was simply wonderful," said
an excited Jane Lawrence, youth liaison and executive vice president,
Disciples Home Missions.

These are the words describing a recent gathering of the General Youth
Council and the Youth Ministry Commission. January 8-10, several Disciples
high school youth and adults came together from around the United States
and Canada to discuss the future of youth ministries for the denomination.
The outcome? Concrete plans for how the two groups can work together and
more importantly, how youth ministries across the denomination can receive
support. For the complete story from Disciples Home Mission, go to:
http://www.homelandministries.org/WhatsNewDHM.htm#YouthMinistry

wfn