From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin January 30, 2004

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:11:39 -0800

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021
Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215
Web: http://www.goarch.org
Email: communications@goarch.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin January 30, 2004

This is the weekly edition of the GOA E-Bulletin, a service providing you
with links to important Archdiocesan news, information, and resources on
the Internet.

Just click on the links below to go to the topics of interest to you.

ARCHBISHOP'S ENCYCLICAL FOR THREE HIERARCHS:  Read the Archbishop's
Encyclical for this Feast of the Church that commemorates three great
saints and theologians

http://www.goarch.org/en/archbishop/demetrios/encyclicals/

FEAST OF THE PRESENTATION ON LISTEN, LEARN, SHARE: For hymns, readings, and
a description of the icon for the Feast of the Presentation of our Lord in
the Temple, visit the web site at

http://www.goarch.org/en/special/listen_learn_share/presentation/learn/

NATIONAL ORTHODOX RADIO PROGRAM: Come Receive The Light (CRTL) radio
program for the week of 01/31/2004 will be "What is so beneficial about
spring for Orthodox Christians" with Rev. Dr. Frank Marangos as our guest.
The "Terry Mattingly On Religion" segment this week will be "St. Raphael A
Shepherd in America". For more information or to find the time of our radio
broadcast in your area, or to subscribe to the CRTL e-newsletter visit our
web site at

http://www.receive.org

ORTHODOX QUESTION BOX LAUNCHED: Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of
Theology in cooperation with the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Department of
Internet Ministries is pleased to announce the launch of Orthodox Question
Box, a new online dialogue of Orthodox communication and learning. Orthodox
Question Box will serve as an interactive forum for those exploring
Orthodox Christianity as well as those who wish to learn more about their
faith.	To ask a question go to

http://questionbox.hchc.edu/

2004 MISSION TEAMS ANNOUNCED:  The Orthodox Christian Mission Center has
announced the 2004 mission teams and locations.  To find out how you can
apply for a team and participate in witness and ministry throughout the
world see the OCMC site at

http://www.ocmc.org/teams/2004%20Teams.htm

INTER FAITH MARRIAGE SITE EXPANDED: It now includes a new Section entitled:
Guest Writers. Three new articles are included in this section. These
include a WW II Perspective of Intermarriage (Hendrix),  A Praxis of
Intermarriage (Marangos),  and a statistical study addressing the profound
impact of intermarriages on our churches today and in the future (Kehayes).
Writers interested in submitting articles should consult this section of
the Web site for guidelines.

http://www.interfaith.goarch.org

SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE ON-LINE:  Applications for the Gioles
and Malta scholarships are available on-line at

http://www.goarch.org/en/archdiocese/administration/chancellor/