From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: International Ministries Monitors Unrest in Haiti

From "SCHRAMM, Richard" <Richard.Schramm@abc-usa.org>
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:05:27 -0500

American Baptist News Service (Valley Forge, Pa. 2/20/04)--International
Ministries is closely monitoring the growing political and economic unrest in
Haiti, according to the Rev. Raul Ruiz, IM's area director for Mexico, the
Caribbean, Spain, and Portugal.

"International Ministries is maintaining close contact with our missionaries
and national partners during this crisis," said Ruiz. He asked the American
Baptist family to pray "for our brothers and sisters in Christ and for all of
the people of Haiti during this time of conflict."

K/2004ABNS/04ABN20

American Baptist News Service: Office of Communication, American Baptist
Churches USA, P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851; (800)ABC-3USA x2077
/ (610)768-2077; fax: (610)768-2320; www.abc-usa.org;
richard.schramm@abc-usa.org