From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

WFN - Please send us your evaluation and comments

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:32:17 -0800

March 9, 2004
Hello,

This is one of those rare requests for your evaluation/comments regarding
Worldwide Faith News.  The WFN Advisory Group will be meeting in three
weeks and we like to share the comments of WFN users with the group.

We are asking because your email address is subscribed to the WFN-NEWS
mailing list where you receive all news releases posted to WFN's archive
data base.  Please be assured that only WFN has access to that subscription
list and it is never shared.

If you do not wish your name or email address to be shared with your
comments, please indicate that.  We will respect your privacy.

You can respond by using "Return" or sending to <wfn@wfn.org>

By way of thanks in advance for your comments, here are some things we know
about WFN.

Google rates WFN as a top religion news site, we seem to alternate with the
BBC for the #1 place.

Someone visits the WFN site every six seconds.	In January 2004, there were
498,032 hits, an average of more than 16,000 hits a day.

It is not unusual for a given news release to be read online more than
1,000 times. Usually it is a  current news release; on occasion an archived
release from several years back will appear in our current count with
thousands of reads due to renewed interest in the topic or issue.

Among recent high number  "reads" were news releases about:

	The role of churches in the tension between Eritrea and Ethiopia
-1,000+
	Anglican Roman Catholic Dialogue - 2,000+
	Issues of anti-Semitic remarks - 2,000+

We know that WFN is replicated by several sites around the world and
frequently quoted by global media.  Thousands of web sites have links to WFN.

WFN is an automated news release forwarding, indexing, and archiving
system.  There is no editor, news releases from participating groups appear
exactly as received.

WFN now fills more than 3.2 gigabytes of storage space, with every document
fully indexed. The number of news releases as of early March was 26,876 -
with steady growth each year.

	1996		2,489
	1997		2,715
	1998		3,373
	1999		3,398
	2000		3,152
	2001		3,382
	2002		3,822
	2003		3,990
	2004		   555

On behalf of the WFN denominations and organizations, thank you!

George Conklin	<gconklin@wfn.org>
Project manager
Worldwide Faith New
http://www.wfn.org