From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Offering Outstanding Photos from Guantanamo Detainees' Families

From "Carol Fouke" <cfouke@ncccusa.org>
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:34:36 -0500

Washington, D.C., photographer Rick Reinhard took some outstanding photos on
March 8 of the visit of Guantanamo detainees' families to the U.S. -- in
front of the U.S. Supreme Court building, at an interfaith service that
evening, etc.  Would you like to see a selection for your publication and/or
Web site?  I'd like to see the pix get good use.

Shots include:

Terry Waite speaking at the a.m. news conference in front of the U.S. Supreme
Court, flanked by families, Vanessa and Colin Redgrave, Bob Edgar and others.

Father of a Guantanamo detainee and a leader of Peaceful Tomorrows (9/11)
families who lost a close family member on 9/11 lighting candles together at
an interfaith service.

Peter Yarrow singing at the service.

Some of the group walking over toward the White House (for prayer in
Lafayette Park).

Etc.!

I wanted to get this offer to you sooner rather than later -- I still hope to
sort through pix and tailor my offering, but that could take a little while
... I also am working to get a sampling up on the NCC Web site -- most likely
with links from the home page www.ncccusa.org and from
http://www.ncccusa.org/news/04march8guantanamostory.html

Carol Fouke/NCC Media Liaison

---