From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Disciples News Brief March 25, 2004

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:40:10 -0800

Disciples News Brief March 25, 2004
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Phone: 317-713-2492
E-mail: news@cm.disciples.org
on the Web: http://www.disciples.org

'TOMORROW'S LEADERS TODAY' FROM DHE
The Division of Higher Education produces an online quarterly
publication with news, stories and activities. Read the latest edition
at: http://www.dhedisciples.org/dhe/04/TLT-March04.html

  THE GRACE OF STEWARDSHIP
"...God calls us to be faithful caretakers of ourselves and our gifts;
in the final analysis they all belong to God. This means our daily
decisions about the use of God's gifts should support God's will for
our lives and the community..."

Written by Church Finance Council president, Lois Artis, this excerpt
reflects this month's Disciples Today focus: stewardship. Disciples
Today is an online publication for the Christian Church (Disciples of
Christ) that allows Disciples to display their passion for writing. Read
the complete article by Artis called "Trafficking Stolen Goods," and
several other stories written by fellow Disciples at:
http://www.disciples.org/cm/cftmain.htm

PLAN CHILDREN'S MOMENT FOR EASTER SPECIAL OFFERING
Need a unique way to help the littlest ones in your congregation
understand the importance of God's grace and the 2004 Easter Special
Offering? Take a look at "Grace: Amazing. Abundant. Always," a
Children's Moment written by Courtney Richards, Minister for
Congregational Growth at Geist Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
here:
http://www.churchfinancecouncil.org/pages/dmf/easter04/children.htm

This is just one of the many Easter Offering resources available to
congregations. There are communion meditations, moment-for-mission
stories, readings and hymns that all focus on this year's theme. View
all the available resources provided by the Church Finance Council by
going to:
http://www.churchfinancecouncil.org/pages/dmf/easter04/index.htm

MORE ON HAITI SITUATION
The crisis in Haiti changes daily. Global Ministries continues to
receive updates from our partners and missionaries in this country.
Remember to visit the website regularly for new information and to learn
how you can "take action."  Visit
http://www.globalministries.org/lac/la022304.htm

*The Disciples News Brief is distributed each Thursday or as needed by
Communication Ministries. For changes, additions or deletions to our
distribution list, please contact news@cm.disciples.org