From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: NM Calls Calzoncit as National Coordinator for Intercultural Ministries-Hispanic Churches Strategist

From "SCHRAMM, Richard" <Richard.Schramm@abc-usa.org>
Date Mon, 5 Apr 2004 15:06:54 -0400

American Baptist News Service (Valley Forge, Pa. 4/5/04)--National
Ministries, American Baptist Churches USA, announces the appointment of the
Rev. Pablo Calzoncit as national coordinator for Intercultural Ministries,
Hispanic Churches Strategist, effective May 1.

Of Calzoncit's appointment, the Rev. Dr. Cheryl Dudley, National Ministries'
associate executive director for Church in Community Transformation, said,
"Our search process led us to the Rev. Calzoncit as our choice to provide new
leadership in Hispanic and inter-ethnic settings. Pablo's energy, experience,
commitment and hope for this new work makes him a wonderful choice in this
new role. We look forward to our future work together."

Calzoncit will work within particular ethnic churches and communities, and
seek to strengthen ministry and mission in an intercultural way in
multicultural settings. Also, Calzoncit will resource Hispanic churches as
they continue to live out NUEVA VIDA 2010-a vision for planting 200 new
churches, reaching 40,000 new believers, and educating Hispanic pastors to
initiate a host of social programs to promote social and economic
development. Working with national, regional and local partners, Calzoncit
will resource the 370 Hispanic and 22 Portuguese-speaking churches in the
American Baptist Churches USA.

Ordained in 1979, Calzoncit currently serves the denomination as coordinator
for New Life Florida. His previous service includes: area minister in the
Boston Southwest Association of The American Baptist Churches of
Massachusetts; associate director of World Mission Support; writer/developer
of evangelism resources for National Ministries; and pastor of Primera
Iglesia Bautista Hispana de Anaheim in Anaheim, Calif., and Iglesia Bautista
Marantha in Corona, Calif.

Calzoncit holds a master of divinity degree and a master of arts degree in
religion from American Baptist Seminary of the West, Covina, Calif., along
with a bachelor's degree in Bible and religion from Azusa Pacific University,
Azusa, Calif.

K/2004ABNS/04ABN46

American Baptist News Service: Office of Communication, American Baptist
Churches USA, P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851; (800)ABC-3USA x2077
/ (610)768-2077; fax: (610)768-2320; www.abc-usa.org;
richard.schramm@abc-usa.org