From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

AACC - WCC Delegation led by Dr. Sam Kobia to visit Kenya,

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:55:30 -0700

All Africa Conference of Churches
Information and Communication Desk
P. O. Box 14205
00800 Westlands
Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 254 - 020 - 4441483 / 4441338/9

NOTE TO EDITORS

A VISIT OF HIGH PROFILED DELEGATION FROM WORLD COUNCIL OF CHURCHES TO KENYA
AND RWANDA

This is to inform you, for your news docket, that the Moderator (Chairman)
and the General Secretary of the Geneva based World Council of Churches
will visit Kenya.

WCC General Secretary Rev. Dr. Sam Kobia arrives on April 7.  You are
accordingly invited to the following functions:

April 8 	      3.00 p.m at St. Andrews Church.	A public lecture by
Rev. Dr. Sam Kobia on the topic:  Behold I create a New Africa.

April 11	     11.00 a.m. Easter Sermon by Rev. Dr. Sam Kobia at
Lavington United Church

April 13	     3.00 p.m. a public lecture by the WCC Moderator
(Chairman), His Holiness Aram 1 at Ufungamano, Nairobi on the
theme:	Challenge of the Ecumenical Movement in the 21st Century and Role
of Africa

April 14	     8.30 A.M.  The blessing of Africa ceremony by His
Holiness Aram I.  The function to take place at the headquarters of the All
Africa Conference of Churches, Westlands, Waiyaki Way, Nairobi.  This will
be followed by a visit to NCCK headquarters at 11.00 a.m.

The delegation will comprise eight members.  Biographies of both Rev. Dr.
Kobia, the first African to hold the substantive office in WCC and His
Holiness Aram I, are available on request.

WCC is a fellowship of protestant and Orthodox churches globally.  The
Catholic Church has an observer status in WCC and actively involved in a
number of joint projects.

For further information, contact:
Mitch Odero
Head of Communication and Advocacy Programme
(020) 444 1483/444 1339
Email: infodesk@aacc-ceta.org
Fax: (020) 444 32 41
All Africa Conference of Churches