From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

"I Love Taiwan" Youth Conference Registration Opens

From "pctpress" <pctpress@ms1.hinet.net>
Date Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:26:25 +0800

Taiwan Church News 2719, 5 through 11 April 2004
Reported by: Chen Yi-shiuan.  Translated and Rewritten by David Alexander

Do you want to know more about this land of Taiwan?  Why not learn by doing?
The Youth Department of the Presbyterian Church in Taiwan (PCT) has opened
registration for the 2004 "I Love Taiwan Mission Conference".  It is a three
phase activity, which will include some days of introduction to the PCT and
its history, 8 days of exposure and experience at local PCT churches and a
reflection and response time at the PCT's youth conference center near Puli
in
the central mountain district.

The conference is scheduled from 1st to 14th of July, and designed to bring
together 60 local and 60 international participants. Youth Department
Secretary Lim Hontiong says, "If a local church has plans to conduct some
sort
of vacation Bible school or other neighborhood activity during this time and
finds its own human resources deficient, we welcome them to contact us.  We
might be able to dispatch some of the 120 mission conference participants to
lend a hand."

Registrations have already arrived from North America, Japan, Korea and other
overseas locations for young people wanting to come to Taiwan for the
experience.  The applicants include four Eskimo youth from Alaska who lack
complete funding for the trip and the conference.  Rev. Lim invites churches
or individuals willing to help enable these young people to take part to
contribute towards the 220,000 Taiwan Yuan (5,500 Euros, US$6,666) that will
be needed for them.

Registrations for the camp are due by 31st May.
To register, call the General Assembly of the PCT in Taipei at:
 +886 2 2362 5282 ext. 237
For More Information: youth@mail.pct.org.tw	  http://youth.pct.org.tw
Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local languages.
Visit our web site: www.pctpress.com.tw