From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[LCMSNews] Access to family resources limited

From "LCMS e-News" <LCMSENEWS@lcms.org>
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:50:22 -0500

	 <http://www.lcms.org>
e-News
	LCMS News

	PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE! This message comes
from a "Send Only" Mailbox that does not recognize replies.

	April 15, 2004 .................... LCMSNews -- No. 38

	Some free services limited
	to family-network members

	A number of resources and free products offered by LCMS District
and Congregational Services (DCS) -- Family Ministry became available
April 1 only to members of the Lutheran Family Ministry Network (LFMN).

	Rev. Jeffery Schubert, director of the family-ministry office,
describes the LFMN as an organization of Lutheran family-ministry
practitioners who are convinced that ministry to the home is essential
for the continued health of our churches, schools and our Synod itself.

	He said that the free members-only benefits include:

	* access to resources on the Family Ministry Web site (now
available only to members of the network);

	* networking opportunities such as video conferencing,
electronic chat rooms, national conferences and a directory of LFMN
members;

	* an electronic bulletin to keep members informed about
family-ministry research, products, statistics, trends and news;

	* mailings with free family resources;

	* registration costs for Marriage Enrichment Experience (MEE)
retreats;

	* training costs for the Prepare  ENRICH program for engaged
and married couples;

	* on-site consultation and strategic-planning services;

	* keynote speeches, workshops and seminars; and

	* discounts on resources and offers from a variety of
organizations and vendors.

	LFMN members receive a credentials packet that includes a
certificate and card with a membership number that gives them access to
the Web resources.

	Schubert said that the only costs involved when LFMN members
arrange on-site consultations and MEE retreats are travel and
room-and-board expenses for the facilitator. He indicated that those who
are not LFMN members would pay additional fees for on-site retreats and
would be assessed per-participant registration fees for Marriage
Enrichment Experience retreats.

	Network members are already finding that their annual $325
membership fee is a bargain for the services and resources they
receive, Schubert said. And they are helping to support family
ministry in the Synod.

	Rev. James Rodriguez Jr., assistant pastor of Immanuel Lutheran
Church, Seymour, Ind., was the first LFMN member to take up the
networks offer of registration-free Marriage Enrichment Experiences.

	As I read about what it offered, I realized the network would
be in line with the things I need to be doing, said Rodriguez, who is
planning the MEE weekend for July 17-18, with Schubert and his wife,
Judy, as facilitators.

	Schubert said that almost 50 family-ministry practitioners have
joined the LFMN, which was organized earlier this year.

	For an application or for more information, contact Schubert or
Susan Musler at DCS  Family Ministry, 1333 S. Kirkwood Road, St. Louis,
MO 63122-7295; (800) 248-1830, Ext. 1716; or go to the Web site:
	www.lcms.org/family <http://www.lcms.org/family>  .

	If you have questions or comments about this LCMSNews release,
contact Joe Isenhower Jr. at joe.isenhower@lcms.org or (314) 996-1231,
or Paula Schlueter Ross at paula.ross@lcms.org or (314) 996-1230.

	  This Edition of "LCMS News" e-News is provided by:

	Board for Communication Services, Division of News and
Information
Contact Editor
<http://www.lcms.org/enews/contact_editor.asp?title=LCMS%20News&editorid
=6>

		To subscribe to or unsubscribe from this Newsletter and
many others, please visit LCMS e-News <http://www.lcms.org/enews> .
		Share this Newsletter
<http://www.lcms.org/enews/forward.asp?m=1833>	with a friend.

MessageId=1833 UserId=10073
  _____

Design ) Copyright 2003 The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod.
<http://www.lcms.org>
No reproduction without consent. All rights reserved.