From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Important Note and Apologies Regarding Rwanda Story Correction

From "Carol Fouke" <cfouke@ncccusa.org>
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:38:52 -0400

Dear Reporters and Editors: I seem to be having a BIG problem with this
e-mail software to the point where what you received is not, honestly, what I
sent (after testing it), but threw the paragraphs all out of order!  Go
figure.  I will need to work on that without bothering you further.
Meanwhile, if you be sure to substitute THE FOLLOWING paragraph for the
seventh paragraph in the story I sent Monday about the April 23 commemoration
of the Rwandan genocide, that's what matters.  Again, sincerest apologies.
Carol Fouke/NCC Media Liaison 212-870-2252

In NCC News Release "Samantha Power, Rwandan Genocide Survivors Address NCC
Event," be sure to correct the seventh paragraph to read:

"The 1994 Rwandan Genocide, the result of escalating violence between Hutu
and Tutsi peoples, began in April 1994 and led to the murder of more than
800,000 Tutsis and politically moderate Hutu [NOT "Hutu and moderate Tutsi,
and the rape of 250,000 Hutu women"] during 100 days of terror.