From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Two Reformed Denominations Form Publishing Partnership

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:18:25 -0700

April 27, 2004, Grand Rapids, Mich. - The Christian Reformed Church (CRC) and
the Reformed Church in America (RCA) are fast-tracking a partnership that
will
result in a single entity that will serve the publishing and distribution
needs of both denominations.

The partnership is intended to make Faith Alive Christian Resources the
primary resource provider for RCA and CRC churches and a significant resource
provider for other churches in the Reformed/Presbyterian tradition and
beyond.

Under the new agreement, marketing, inventory, an on-line Internet store,
customer service, order fulfillment, warehousing, distribution, and market
research will all be housed at the CRC's offices in Grand Rapids, Mich., and
the RCA will keep the TRAVARCA video-lending library.

"This will provide more offerings for CRC congregations," said Gary Mulder,
executive director of CRC Publications. "The RCA brings to the table a really
good process for selecting resources from other publishers, and we will gain
from that. We will gain a broader perspective on local church ministry."
Mulder said the partnership should increase sales of many CRC-developed
resources too.

Rev. Ken Bradsell, director of operations and support and assistant secretary
of the RCA, said that the RCA will benefit equally from the partnership.
"Because we share common confessions and a common approach to educating
members of our congregations," he said, "it makes sense for the RCA and the
CRC to move into a deeper partnership after years of cooperating in things
like curriculum development, children in worship, and worship resources."

Starting on Dec. 1, 2004 all orders from RCA churches will come into Faith
Alive and will be filled by that organization.

Bradsell said the partnership is a good financial move for the RCA because
its
distribution center was no longer viable.

Though the new partnership will be housed at the CRC's offices, the RCA will
have significant representation at CRC Publications. A half-time RCA liaison
will be hired and other RCA staff will move to CRC Publications.

The partnership is consistent with decisions by both the CRC and RCA general
synods of 2002 that called for their churches to move into deeper unity in
ministry and mission.

-30-

For more information contact:
Gary Mulder