From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: Prayer Requested for Flood Victims in Dominican Republic and Haiti

From "SCHRAMM, Richard" <Richard.Schramm@abc-usa.org>
Date Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:49:55 -0400

American Baptist News Service (Valley Forge, Pa. 6/1/04)--International
Ministries is asking American Baptists to lift up the people of the Dominican
Republic and Haiti in prayer in the aftermath of recent storms and floods
that have claimed the lives of more than 2,000 people and left many more
homeless.

"Robert Bueno, president of one of our associations in the Dominican
Republic, has informed us that hundreds of homes were lost, especially in the
town of Jimani, near the border with Haiti," said the Rev. Raul Ruiz,
International Ministries' area director for the Caribbean, Mexico, Spain and
Portugal. "We will continue to monitor this situation through our partners
and missionaries, and keep American Baptists updated as new developments
unfold," Ruiz said.

K/2004ABNS/04ABN67

American Baptist News Service: Office of Communication, American Baptist
Churches USA, P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851; (800)ABC-3USA x2077
/ (610)768-2077; fax: (610)768-2320; www.abc-usa.org;
richard.schramm@abc-usa.org