From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

CONDOLENCES OFFERED TO NANCY REAGAN BY ARCHBISHOP DEMETRIOS

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 02:35:38 -0700

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021
Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215
Web: http://www.goarch.org
Email: communications@goarch.org

For Immediate Release
June 8, 2004

Contact: Nikki Stephanopoulos

CONDOLENCES OFFERED TO NANCY REAGAN BY ARCHBISHOP DEMETRIOS

New York, NY - On behalf of Greek Orthodox Christians in America, His
Eminence Archbishop Demetrios, offered condolences to the family of
President Ronald W. Reagan and to President George W. Bush.

In a letter written to the former First Lady Nancy Reagan, Archbishop
Demetrios stated,

"As you, your family, and our nation mourn the loss of your beloved
husband, President Ronald W. Reagan, I extend to you on behalf of the Greek
Orthodox faith community, our heartfelt condolences and sincere prayers.
May the "Father of mercies and God of all comfort" (2 Corinthians 1:3,4)
console you and your family and give you strength today and in the days to
come.  The many meaningful gestures of outreach to our faith community by
President Reagan will be remembered and cherished.  May our Lord Jesus
Christ reward this faithful servant of God, country, and humankind with
life everlasting and eternal peace."

On Friday June 11, Archbishop Demetrios, Primate of the Greek Orthodox
Church in America, will participate with other religious leaders in the
funeral services that will be held at the National Cathedral in Washington,
DC.