From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[PCUSANEWS] Ohioan to be PC(USA)'s human resources chief

From PCUSA NEWS <PCUSA.NEWS@ECUNET.ORG>
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:48:55 -0500

Note #8283 from PCUSA NEWS to PRESBYNEWS:

04297
June 21, 2004

Ohioan to be PC(USA)'s human resources chief

GAC hires Presbyterian elder Peggie Blenman away from UCC

by Jerry L. Van Marter

LOUISVILLE - Margaret M. (Peggie) Blenman, a human resources manager for more
than 20 years, has been hired as the General Assembly Council's associate
director for human resources management.

	She succeeds Clifford H. Kraus, who is retiring after this summer's
216th General Assembly in Richmond, VA.

	Coming to work for the Presbyterian Church (USA) will be a homecoming
of sorts for Blenman. Although she's a Presbyterian elder and a member of
Kingsville (OH) Presbyterian Church, she has worked for the past five years
as director of human resources for the United Church of Christ at its
headquarters in Cleveland, OH.

	Before that she served for 18 years as director of human resources of
the Ashtabula (OH) County Medical Center. She also has worked as a health
educator in high schools in Erie, PA.

	"I am excited that Peggie Blenman will join our staff," said Kathy
Lueckert, deputy executive director of the GAC. "She brings a wealth of
knowledge and experience to the position; that she's a Presbyterian is an
added bonus. She understands the unique environment that is a Reformed
denomination. I'm looking forward to the contributions she will make."