From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

EDWARDS NAMED REGIONAL PASTOR AND PRESIDENT FOR OHIO

From "Wilma Shuffitt" <wshuffitt@cm.disciples.org>
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:48:54 -0500

Date: June 28, 2004
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Phone: 317-713-2492
E-mail: news@cm.disciples.org
on the Web: http://www.disciples.org

INDIANAPOLIS, June 28, 2004 - The Rev. Dr. William H. Edwards has been
named Regional Pastor and President for the Christian Church in Ohio
(Disciples of Christ).

Edwards has served for the past four years as Associate General
Minister and Vice-President in the Office of the General Minister and
President.  In that position, he was staff team leader and assisted the
General Minister and President, Wm. Chris Hobgood, in implementing
church policy and initiatives.

"I am honored to be named Regional Pastor for the Ohio region,"
commented Edwards.  "I have always been impressed by the Christian
Church (Disciples of Christ) in Ohio's vitality and commitment to new
initiatives.  This opportunity allows me to offer my gifts in ministry
and leadership in furthering the region's vision."

Edwards has served as pastor or interim pastor of churches in
Lexington, Ky., and Xenia, Ohio.  He also was pastor of the Disciples
Center in Cincinnati, Ohio and executive pastor of Mississippi Boulevard
Christian Church in Memphis, Tenn.  His professional career includes
serving in several positions with the Disciples Division of Homeland
Ministries, now known as Disciples Home Missions.

"Bill will be greatly missed in the Office of the General Minister
and President," commented Hobgood.  "He is extremely capable and
brings the passion of excellence to all his work.  His managerial and
team building skills have been an invaluable asset to this office."

Edwards holds an Executive Masters of Business Administration degree
from the University of Memphis, a Doctor of Ministry from McCormick
Theological Seminary, and a Masters of Divinity from Christian
Theological Seminary.

He will begin to assume some of the responsibilities of the office on
September 1 and will be installed at the Regional Assembly in October.

Raised in Cleveland, Ohio, Edwards is married and has five children and
seven grandchildren.

						    -end-

Contact:  Wanda Bryant Wills
317-713-2496