From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

WCC NEWS: Faith & Order Digest July 29

From "WCC Media" <Media@wcc-coe.org>
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:11:38 +0200

World Council of Churches - News Release
Contact: +41 22 791 6153   +41 79 507 6363 media@wcc-coe.org
For immediate release - 29/07/2004

 FAITH AND ORDER DIGEST, JULY 29, 2004

 English - Deutsch - Frangais - Espaqol

News and features from the Faith and Order plenary commission meeting in
Kuala Lumpur (28 July - 6 August, 2004) are available at:
http://www.wcc-coe.org/kualalumpur2004.html

- - - ENGLISH - - -

>>> Call to costly acceptance

 Paul's call to Christians to receive each other is a call to move beyond
 the boundaries of our security, according to a major presentation given
 today to the WCC Faith and Order Commission, meeting in Kuala Lumpur 28
 July - 6 August.

http://www2.wcc-coe.org/pressreleasesen.nsf/index/pr-04-25.html

>>> Protest as Mel Gibson's film shown only to Christians
The general secretary of the Council of Churches in Malaysia has criticized
the decision by the Malaysian Film Censorship Board's to restrict the
showing of Mel Gibson's film "The Passion of the Christ" only to
Christians.
http://www2.wcc-coe.org/pressreleasesen.nsf/index/pr-04-24.html

>>> The other as a gift, not a threat
The Christian concept of pilgrimage was chosen as the main image to convey
the meaning of the work of the Faith and Order commission by its former
director Rev. Dr Alan Falconer in his report to the plenary commission
meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 28 July to 6 August, 2004.
http://www2.wcc-coe.org/pressreleasesen.nsf/index/pr-04-23.html

http://www.wcc-coe.org/wcc/what/faith/kuala-docs.html

>>> Free photos from the conference are available at
http://www.wcc-coe.org/wcc/what/faith/kuala-pix.html

- - - DEUTSCH - - -

>>> Protest gegen Verbot von Mel Gibsons Film f|r Nicht-Christen
Der Generalsekretdr des Rates der Kirchen in Malaysia hat den Beschluss der
malaysischen Filmzensurbehvrde kritisiert, Nicht-Christen den Besuch des
Films *Die Passion Christi" von Mel Gibson zu verbieten.
http://www2.wcc-coe.org/pressreleasesge.nsf/index/pr-04-24.html

>>> Der Andere als Gabe Gottes, nicht als Bedrohung
Das christliche Bild von der Pilgerfahrt stand im Mittelpunkt des Berichts,
den Pfr. Dr. Alan Falconer, fr|herer Direktor der Kommission f|r Glauben
und Kirchenverfassung, dem Kommissionsplenum vorlegte. Er beschrieb damit
die Arbeit der Kommission, deren Plenum vom 28. Juli bis 6. August 2004 in
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) tagt.
http://www2.wcc-coe.org/pressreleasesge.nsf/index/pr-04-23.html

>>> Dokumente und Prdsentationen auf der Website vervffentlicht
http://www.wcc-coe.org/wcc/what/faith/kuala-docs.html

>>> Kostenlose Fotos erhdltlich auf der Website
http://www.wcc-coe.org/wcc/what/faith/kuala-pix.html

- - - FRANGAIS - - -

>>> Le film de Mel Gibson ne pourra jtre vu que par les chritiens * Les
Eglises protestent
Le secritaire giniral du Conseil des Eglises de Malaisie a critiqui la
dicision du Bureau malaisien de censure cinimatographique de n'autoriser
qu'aux chritiens la prisentation du film de Mel Gibson : La Passion du
Christ.
http://www2.wcc-coe.org/pressreleasesfr.nsf/index/pr-04-24.html

>>> L'autre est un don, pas une menace
Dans son rapport ` la Commission plinihre de Foi et constitution, riunie `
Kuala Lumpur (Malaisie) du 28 juillet au 6 ao{t 2004, le pasteur Alan
Falconer, ancien directeur de Foi et constitution, a choisi, pour illustrer
le sens du travail de Foi et constitution, le concept chritien de
phlerinage.
http://www2.wcc-coe.org/pressreleasesfr.nsf/index/pr-04-23.html

>>> Se concentrer sur l'uniti visible pour rendre le travail de Foi et
constitution plus significatif
Garder le cap vers l'uniti visible, rendre son travail plus significatif
pour la vie des Eglises et les aider ` surmonter la tentation du repli
identitaire, tels sont les trois grands difis pour la commission de Foi et
constitution, ` l'aube du 21hme sihcle, selon son prisident, le pasteur
David K Yemba.
http://www2.wcc-coe.org/pressreleasesfr.nsf/index/pr-04-22.html

>>> Documents et prisentations parus sur le site web
http://www.wcc-coe.org/wcc/what/faith/kuala-docs.html

>>> Photos gratuites disponibles sur le site web
http://www.wcc-coe.org/wcc/what/faith/kuala-pix.html

- - - ESPAQOL - - -

>>> El otro como don, no como amenaza
El concepto cristiano de peregrinacisn fue elegido como la imagen principal
para expresar el significado del trabajo de la comisisn de Fe y
Constitucisn por su ex director, Rev. Dr. Alan Falconer, en su informe a la
reunisn plenaria de ista que se celebra en Kuala Lumpur, Malasia, del 28 de
julio al 6 de agosto de 2004.
http://www2.wcc-coe.org/pressreleasessp.nsf/index/pr-04-23.html

>>> Documentos y ponencias estan disponibles en
http://www.wcc-coe.org/wcc/what/faith/kuala-docs.html

>>> Fotos sin cargo estan disponibles en
http://www.wcc-coe.org/wcc/what/faith/kuala-pix.html

Additional information: Juan Michel,+41 22 791 6153  +41 79 507 6363
	 media@wcc-coe.org

The World Council of Churches is a fellowship of churches, now 342, in more
than 120 countries in all continents from virtually all Christian
traditions. The Roman Catholic Church is not a member church but works
cooperatively with the WCC. The highest governing body is the assembly,
which meets approximately every seven years. The WCC was formally
inaugurated in 1948 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Its staff is headed by
general secretary Samuel Kobia from the Methodist church in Kenya.

You receive this message as a subscriber to the WCC information service for
	 media. To unsubscribe or change your settings, <a

href="http://onlineservices.wcc-coe.org/wccregistration.nsf/UpdateRequest?Ope
nForm"><font
 face="Arial">click here</font></a>
	 .