From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ACNS - Anglican Statement on Attack on Iraq Churches

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:38:39 -0700

ACNS 3864     |     ACO     |	  3 AUGUST 2004

Statement from the Secretary General of the Anglican Communion on the
attack upon Churches in Iraq

I join other church leaders deploring the attack on Christian Churches
in Iraq last Sunday. I know that Anglicans around the world, in their
private prayers as well as in their corporate worship, pray constantly
for the people of Iraq. We pray for all those who are involved in this
unending conflict.

My thoughts and prayers are also with those in other places in our world
where Christians gathering for worship do so in great fear and with
brave hearts. We pray for the Sudan, Northern Uganda, Pakistan, and for
all people who gather for worship with the full realisation that their
lives could be in danger. We pray for justice and peace. May God have
mercy on us all.

Canon John L. Peterson
Secretary General, The Anglican Communion