From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: Fran Homer to Retire from National Ministries

From "SCHRAMM, Richard" <Richard.Schramm@abc-usa.org>
Date Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:09:38 -0400

American Baptist News Service (Valley Forge, Pa. 8/6/04)--Fran Homer, coordinator of Communication Resources for National Ministries and a commissioned American Baptist home missionary, has announced her plans to retire Dec. 31. She joined National Ministries' staff as manager of Mission Interpretation in March 1988.

Homer's current responsibilities include planning content, writing and editing related to National Ministries' print resources, which include Mission In America, The Christian Citizen, The Five Stones and The Pebble. She also coordinates National Ministries' content for American Baptists In Mission.

 From 1988 to 2003 Homer served as National Ministries' consultant with the national board of American Baptist Women's Ministries. During that time she worked with the Overland White Cross, Special Interest Missionary, and Region/State Special Mission Projects programs. She planned and co-led six Home Mission Tours sponsored by National Ministries and American Baptist Women's Ministries.

Homer serves on the staff committee responsible for planning and creating the
promotional resources for the America for Christ Offering. She also has
represented National Ministries on the ABC Biennial Program Committee, the
Orientation to ABC Life Committee and the National Council of Churches
Program Committee on Education for Mission.

"We certainly will miss Fran-her wonderful grace, work and knowledge," said
Laura Alden, National Ministries' associate executive director for
Communications and Publishing, "but I suspect she will never stop telling the
home mission story. We wish her Godspeed and God's blessing."

K/2004ABNS/04ABN91

American Baptist News Service: Office of Communication, American Baptist
Churches USA, P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851; (800)ABC-3USA x2077
/ (610)768-2077; fax: (610)768-2320; www.abc-usa.org;
richard.schramm@abc-usa.org