From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Taiwanese Woman Selected to WSCF AP Region Exco

From "pctpress" <pctpress@ms1.hinet.net>
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:31:36 +0800

Taiwan Church News 2738, 16-22 August 2004
Reported by Yang Shu-hao.  Translated and Rewritten by David Alexander

When the Asia Pacific Region of the World Student Christian Federation met in
Thailand from July 31 to August 14 one of the delegates was Chang Shyun-I
from
the Presbyterian Church In Taiwan. When the WSCF assembly elected its
executive committee Chang was selected.  She said, "Taiwan's church has
trained up many people for ecumenical work. When it comes to the problems and
questions of young women we must be especially supportive of agencies. Upon
my
return to Taiwan I want to organize a special group for women students."
  She went on to say that four national members of the Asia Pacific Region
have special women's sub committees, and that among the university youth of
Taiwan there is certainly enough power and resource to organize one here. She
sees the church as an especially good training ground for youth participation
in international work and advocates encouragement of public speaking skills
in
the English language as helpful.

For More Information: www.servingthetruth.org
Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local languages.
Visit our web site: www.pctpress.com.tw