From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[GOAA} New Website Launched for the Order of Saint Andrew the

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:33:25 -0700

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021
Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215
Web: http://www.goarch.org
Email: communications@goarch.org

For Immediate Release
August 31, 2004

Contact:  James D. Speros
Archon Kastrinsios
212 773-6652 (Office)

Archons Launch Exciting New Website for the Order of Saint Andrew the
Apostle

New York, NY - The Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate in America, and
members of the Order of Saint Andrew the Apostle, launched a new and
exciting website about the organization and the Ecumenical Patriarchate.
The website represents an intense four-month collaborative effort between
the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Department of Internet Ministries
and the National Council of the Order of Saint Andrew the Apostle to
develop a flexible and robust website to serve the global information and
communications needs of the organization.

The site, which can be visited on the internet at www.archons.org, contains
a wealth of useful and informative content including news about the
organization's activities and a calendar of events; photographs from the
recent historic meeting between His All Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch
Bartholomew and Pope John Paul II at the Vatican; the Archons' leadership
pilgrimage to Ankara and Istambul to advance the cause of religious freedom
and the rights of the Ecumenical Patriarch in Turkey; daily scripture
readings; and engaging audio and video segments containing historical
background information on the Ecumenical Patriarchate and the Archons.
Visitors to the site can even light a virtual candle on Mt. Athos.

"We are absolutely delighted with our new website," said Dr. Anthony
Limberakis, National Commander of the Order of St. Andrew the Apostle.
"The site projects our organization in a powerful and progressive fashion
and provides global access to those interested in learning more about the
important work we are doing to support the Ecumenical Patriarchate.  The
committee chaired by Archons Jim Speros and Alex Pritsos and Archdiocese IT
Director Theo Nicolakis deserve our commendation and deep appreciation," he
added.

###