From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[PCUSANEWS] Stated Clerk issues statement on Egypt bombings

From PCUSA NEWS <PCUSA.NEWS@ECUNET.ORG>
Date Fri, 8 Oct 2004 15:06:58 -0500

Note #8518 from PCUSA NEWS to PRESBYNEWS:

04449
October 8, 2004

Stated Clerk issues statement on Egypt bombings

Kirkpatrick calls incidents "horrific acts"

by the Office of the General Assembly

LOUISVILLE - The Rev. Clifton Kirkpatrick, Stated Clerk of the General
Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA), has issued the following statement
in the wake of the bombings of three Egyptian resorts Thursday that killed at
least 35 people, many of them vacationing Israelis:

	"The Presbyterian Church (USA) deplores the acts of horrific violence
and terror that continue to sacrifice innocent civilian lives. We condemn
these horrific acts and offer our sincere condolences to the families of
Israeli and Egyptian victims.

	"We pray to God that the spirit of peace may take hold of the hearts
of those who choose to know no other way than violence and terror to resolve
conflict.

	"We firmly believe that unless all violence and terror cease, the
hope for a peaceful Middle East is impossible."

	For more information, contact Sharon K. Youngs, Communications
Coordinator, Office of the General Assembly, 100 Witherspoon Street,
Louisville, KY 40202-1396; phone (888) 728-7228, ext. 5750; email
syoungs@ctr.pcusa.org.