From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin December 17, 2004

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:26:44 -0800

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021
Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215
Web: http://www.goarch.org
Email: communications@goarch.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin December 17, 2004

This will be the last edition of the E-Bulletin for 2004.  The next edition
will be distributed on January 7, 2005.

This is the weekly edition of the GOA E-Bulletin. For more information just
click on the links below to go to the topics of interest to you.

FEAST OF THE NATIVITY: Visit our special Nativity site to learn more about
this great Feast of the Church.  Read the story, learn about the icon,
listen to hymns and much  more at

http://www.goarch.org/en/special/listen_learn_share/nativity/learn/

ARCHBISHOP'S NATIVITY MESSAGE:	The message of His Eminence Archbishop
Demetrios of America is now available in audio or video format.  Visit this
site to hear this inspiring message or click on the second link for a text
of his Nativity encyclical.

http://www.goarch.org/en/archbishop/demetrios/messages/messages_christmas2004
.asp

http://www.goarch.org/en/archbishop/demetrios/encyclicals/

PREPARING FOR THE YEAR OF THE FAMILY:  One major challenge facing families
today is intermarriage.  Find guidance or enhance your ministry in two
books by Fr. Charles Joanides ? "When You Intermarry" and "Ministering to
Intermarried Couples."	Visit the Interfaith Marriage web site for more
information.

http://interfaith.goarch.org/books.asp#ministering

JANUARY 16 "SHARE THE LIGHT" SUNDAY: SCOBA has announced that January 16
will be the first annual Share The Light Sunday in All Orthodox parishes in
the nation.  For more information on this day and how you can bring
Orthodox radio programming to your area visit

http://www.receive.org

REAL BREAK 2005: Spend your spring break with other Orthodox college
students in service and witness.  Orthodox Christian Fellowship has
announced the Real Break program for 2005, so visit their web site and find
out more.

http://www.ocf.net/realbreak/index.asp

PLANNING YOUR ORATORICAL FESTIVAL:  Find a very helpful resource in the
2004 Congress presentation of Presvytera Margaret Orfanakos, the Director
of the National Festival.  The session is "Conducting a Successful
Oratorical Festival."  Listen to the audio and download the presentation
materials at

http://www.goarch.org/en/resources/conferences/content.asp?sem=141

NATIONAL ORTHODOX RADIO PROGRAM: Come Receive The Light (CRTL) for the week
of 12/18/2004 will be "What Can We Give Our Children For Christmas" with
Dr. Violet E. Leathers as our guest. Programs are subject to change; please
visit our web site for more information on CRTL programs, featured
segments, and to subscribe to our e-newsletter.

http://www.receive.org