From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[LCMSNews] Leaders seek to advance vision

From "LCMS e-News" <LCMSENEWS@lcms.org>
Date Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:54:23 -0600

<http://www.lcms.org>
e-News
LCMS News

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE! This message comes
from a "Send Only" Mailbox that does not recognize replies.

February 3, 2005 .................... LCMSNews -- No. 7

LCMS leaders seek ways
to advance ?One? vision

More than 50 LCMS leaders, including 10 parish pastors and five
school principals, met in St. Louis Jan. 20-22 to explore ways to
advance the vision for the Synod summarized in the words "One Mission,
One Message, One People."

Synod President Gerald Kieschnick called the first-ever
"President's Leadership Summit." In his letter inviting the
participants, he cited a three-fold purpose:

* "To look for ways of making the vision of 'One Mission--One
Message--One People' a reality throughout the LCMS.

* "To discover how we can improve the work of the International
Center in service to LCMS congregations, schools, institutions,
entities, auxiliaries, etc.

* "To listen and learn from those who are on the front lines of
ministry."

When last year's Synod convention endorsed "One Mission, One
Message, One People," it noted that Kieschnick had used the "One" theme
to encourage "a stronger zeal for mission outreach, evangelical
confession, and efforts to achieve peace and concord in our midst."

Kieschnick told last month's summit that he is "trying to
communicate ... a response to God's love in Jesus Christ."

Much of the summit was spent in small-group discussion sessions
and in reports to the larger body. Topics included interpreting the
vision, improving service to the Synod, and priorities for the president
and Synod executives.

Kieschnick told the gathering that his staff will analyze the
input, share it with Synod executives, and "implement it to the greatest
extent possible."

"What's important to us is not that we just analyze the input
but that we do something with it," Kieschnick's senior assistant, Rev.
Jon Braunersreuther, said.

In addition to the pastors and principals, those attending the
summit included Synod executives; executives from the LCMS Foundation,
Lutheran Church Extension Fund, and Concordia Publishing House;
representatives of the two seminaries and the Concordia University
System; full-time Synod officers; and leaders of the Synod's
auxiliaries.

"It is clear to me that leaders such as those gathered for this
summit are excited about helping the Synod make a difference in the
lives of people by sharing with them God's love in Jesus Christ," said
Kieschnick.

The summit was funded by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.

***************************************

If you have questions or comments about this LCMSNews release,
contact Joe Isenhower Jr. at joe.isenhower@lcms.org or (314) 996-1231,
or Paula Schlueter Ross at paula.ross@lcms.org or (314) 996-1230.

***************************************

This Edition of "LCMS News" e-News is provided by:

Board for Communication Services, Division of News and
Information
Contact Editor
<http://www.lcms.org/enews/contact_editor.asp?title=LCMS%20News&editorid
=6>

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from this Newsletter and
many others, please visit LCMS e-News <http://www.lcms.org/enews> .
Share this Newsletter
<http://www.lcms.org/enews/forward.asp?m=2608> with a friend.

MessageId=2608 UserId=10073
_____

Design © Copyright 2002 - 2005 The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod.
<http://www.lcms.org>
No reproduction without consent. All rights reserved.