From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ACNS] Church of Ireland welcomes Primates to Dromantine

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:01:08 -0800

ACNS 3943 | IRELAND | 21 FEBRUARY 2005

Church of Ireland welcomes Primates to Dromantine

>From the Church of Ireland press office

The Primates of the Anglican Communion today met in Dromantine Retreat
and Conference Centre near Newry for a five-day conference (21-25 Feb
2005).

In welcoming the Primates to Northern Ireland, the Most Revd Robin
Eames, the senior primate in the Anglican Communion, said, "I pray that
this week will be of great benefit to us in our roles as leaders of the
flock of Christ and I assure you all of the very warm welcome to the
Church of Ireland."

The Primates will attend Evensong in St Patrick's Church of Ireland
Cathedral in Armagh tomorrow evening (Tuesday, 22 Feb) when Canon
Michael Kennedy, Senior Clerical Vicar Choral, will lead the Service.

The conference agenda at Dromantine this week includes discussion on the
Lambeth Commission on Communion Report (The Windsor Report), theological
education, Anglican Communion programmes tackling HIV Aids and the
Communion's response to the tsunami disaster in South East Asia.

Primates Meeting:

http://www.aco.org/primates/index.cfm

Media advisory and press information:

http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acns/articles/39/00/acns3939.cfm