From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: New Executive Director Named for Ministry Development

From "SCHRAMM, Richard" <Rich.Schramm@abc-usa.org>
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:49:57 -0500

Network

American Baptist News Service (Valley Forge, Pa. 2/24/05)--The Board of
the Ministry Development Network, comprised of American Baptist-related
Midwest Ministry Development Service (Columbus, Ohio; Chicago, Ill.;
Kansas City, Kans.) and Southwest Ministry Development Service (Dallas,
Tex.), has announced that Dr. Ross D. Peterson has been named the
organization's new executive director, effective March 1, 2005.

A licensed clinical professional counselor, Peterson has over 20 years
of clinical experience evaluating and treating individuals, couples and
families, including seminarians, clergy and clergy spouses, for a
variety of concerns. Most recently he has been on staff at the
Counseling Center of Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Ill.
Previously he was director of counseling services and later executive
director of the Wholistic Health Center of Hinsdale, Ill.

In announcing the appointment, Board Chair the Rev. James Bane said,
"Dr. Peterson has the combination of both church and clinical experience
which will be very helpful in leading an organization which 'ministers
to ministers.' We are very excited about the leadership and experience
that he will bring."

An ordained pastor with the Evangelical Covenant Church, Peterson has
noted, "My involvements in local churches, community ministerial
associations and my denomination have all enhanced my understanding and
care for those in professional ministry." He reported particular
interest in working with Midwest/Southwest's wide-ranging ecumenical
base to carry out the mission of caring for and strengthening ministers
and other church leaders.

Peterson holds the M.Div. degree from North Park Theological Seminary
and the D.Min. degree from Chicago Theological Seminary. He is a
Certified Fellow in the American Association of Pastoral Counselors and
member of the American Counseling Association.

K/2005ABNS/05ABN24

American Baptist News Service: Office of Communication, American Baptist
Churches USA, P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851; (800)ABC-3USA
x2077 / (610)768-2077; fax: (610)768-2320; www.abc-usa.org;
richard.schramm@abc-usa.org