From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Statement from the Chair of the Anglican Consultative Council

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@mail.epicom.org>
Date Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:23:33 -0500

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Statement from the Chair of the Anglican Consultative Council

ACNS 3953

[Anglican Communion News Service] As Chairman of the Anglican
Consultative
Council, I have received the requests of the Primates Meeting to the
ACC.
Inevitably such requests raise questions about the inter-relationship
between the various Instruments of Unity which will need to be examined
in
the light of the Windsor Report at our next meeting.

The Primates Meeting asked the ACC to provide at its next meeting in
June an
opportunity for the Episcopal Church USA and the Anglican Church of
Canada
to set out the thinking behind the recent actions of their Provinces in
accordance with paragraph 141 of the Windsor Report; and also to take
positive steps to initiate the listening and study process which has
been
the subject of resolutions not only at the Lambeth Conference in 1998,
but
in earlier Conferences as well.

Accordingly I have asked the Design Group to include in our programme an
opportunity for a Consultation at which the major input will come from
members of ECUSA and the Anglican Church of Canada, and it is hoped that
delegates from other parts of the Communion will contribute also. We
will
also continue to work on the request from Lambeth Conference 1998
Resolution
1.10 which the ACC began at its meeting in Dundee Scotland in 1999. The
aim
will be to initiate a listening and study process which will review what
has
already taken place and co-ordinate further work in this area.

The Rt Revd John Paterson
Chair, Anglican Consultative Council

Explanatory note: The Anglican Consultative Council:

http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acns/articles/39/00/acns3949.cfm

The Windsor Report: Paragraph 141:

http://www.aco.org/windsor2004/section_d/p3.cfm

Lambeth Conference 98: Resolution 1.10: